Sunday, March 4, 2012

the two "REAL" questions...



This post is "purely" for The Kissan 100% Real Blogger Contest (130)


I interpreted the contest to be for 100% real experiences. Experiences which may have altered thoughts and actions. Experiences which could have occured with anyone and anywhere. They may not have been necessarily related to nature. Hence, i decided to share a "REAL" experience. An experience which helped me realize me true potential...!!

One Day...
It was a wednesday morning not so many years ago. I got up late to get to work. Working in the finance / banking industry, i had to report to work by 9:30am every single day. This was a great pain in the a**. But that morning it was different. I could just not take it anymore. I was fed up of my job. I was fed up of all the jobs i had ever done. I had been thinking about it for quite some time now and my head hurted. There was a lot of pain in my heart which probably showed on my face.
  
My Dad...
That morning, he looked at my sad face and asked, “What’s the problem son… you don’t look so good. Are you not feeling well, you are late for work, are you not going to work today”. 

“I don’t want to go to work ever again...”, I replied.

My dad understood. He had seen me work day in and day out since last four years.
He said, "Son, I have seen you working since your call center days. You never loved any of your jobs. You have changed three professions in the last four years. You did well at every one of those jobs and grew the corporate ladder fast. But you never felt content. When you wake up in the morning and don't feel like going to work then there's a problem and I understand your problem."

He further added, "I will ask you just two questions and they will solve many of your concerns…". I looked up to him as if these two questions were actually gonna do something. And they did...

the two "REAL" questions...
1. What do you love doing in life…?
2. Figure out a way to make money out of it…??

To be a happy successful person, you have to firstly find out what do you love doing in life. Something which interests you. Something which you are good at or something which you feel passionate about. Something that you would not mind doing for the rest of your life. Then the next thing to do is to figure out a way to make money out of it, so that you can continue living your normal life and yet enjoy doing what you love to do. Simple.


Look at him. Can you recognize him...??
He did not start playing cricket for money and fame.
He loved cricket and look at the heights
where his passion has taken him.







Amitabh Bachchan, Lakshmi Mittal, Aamir Khan, Ratan Tata, Dhirubhai Ambani, K.V. Kamath, Kumaramangalam Birla, they all had great passion for what they did and the same holds true for every successful person.

My Action...
The next day I quit my job.
I always loved advertising.

My advertising agency completed 5 successful years on 27th February 2012…


Warm Regards,
Thefallenhero
One question answered
One question unanswered..

1 comment:

  1. very true. I love painting. i make some money by selling some paintings and its a great feeling. the money may be less but i am happy and i know one day i will be a famous painter..

    ReplyDelete